Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Bird Bath & Bird Feeder

Hey Everyone!
Not sure if you are familiar with Pinterest, but it has become one of my favorite websites.There are great ideas for the home, DIY craft project, great recipes, and so much more. We found on Pinterest a cute bird feeder made from a teacup and saucer. When we went to garage sales in Lafayette, we found some fun teacups sets that would be perfect for our bird feeders. I also found a pitcher with matching bowl at a garage sale. I really didn't want the bowl, but I loved the pitcher. Well, the man didn't want to sell separately. I was very happy once I realized that I could also make a bird bath with the bowl. This is a very easy project that looks so cute in a flower bed. 



We made our bird feeders with steel rebar steaks, a copper cap from the plumbing section at lowes, and marine glue. For the bird bath we needed more support than the bird feeders. The man that was helping us at Lowe's thought that we were absolutely crazy, but I think we finally got him to understand what we were trying to make and he was great help for finding what we needed for the bird bath. 



We spray painted the all of the posts with the color that we wanted. We then used the glue to glue the cup to the saucer and then the copper cap to the bottom center of the saucer. Once all of the glue is dry, place your steak in the ground and glue the cap onto the post. Our copper caps did not fit the rebar like we wanted so we had some trouble getting them to stay balanced. 


Once the project was completed, we found online an easier way to make these, of course! The next time I make some I will let you know how the new method works. 

xoxo Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment