Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

It's Been A While

I hadn't realized how long it had been since we posted. Time flies when you are busy. Today I wanted to share some pictures of our progress with our house. We have had so much help from our family and friends. 


 We still have much to do, but we are not in any hurry. We are enjoying our new house. 


This is Landon's room before. The walls were pink and the floors were spotted carpet. 


This is Landon playing in his updated room. Sorry the picture quality is not the best. We painted the walls with Lunar Eclipse by Olympic and the trim is white. We pulled the carpets out and the original hard wood floors were in great condition. Megan and I buffed the floors for what felt like forever. The curtains in his room are made from painters drop cloth and are tied on an old wooden fence post that we found in the barn. Landon thinks his room is awesome!


This is me and Mr. Blogs bedroom for now until we can finish with the Master. The walls were bright blue and the paint was peeling in many places. The floor was a very thick carpet with vinyl underneath and then thick plywood. The plywood was nailed down with 3" nails. We would never had been able to pull all of that up right now. We made a temporary fix by painting the plywood. I am so happy with the way that it came out.
 

First we painted the walls with Sand Dunes by Olympic and the trim with white. I then came back and stained all of the plywood floors. My mom and I made all of the measurements for the diamonds and then popped the lines with chalk. Once the diamonds were taped we started painting. 


This is a picture of the room once the tape was removed. I still had to put two coats of seal. 


This is the finished picture of my room for now, and I love it!

I also have a few pictures of my kitchen in progress. Hopefully this will be complete soon along with lots of other projects and I will have much more to share. 





Hope you enjoyed. Talk soon!
xoxo Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment