Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

one man's trash is anothers women's treasure!!

I am very new at this, my good friend Lauren and I caught a wild hair and decided to give blogging a try.  So this is my first post.  Let me know what you think of my before and afters. I have recently started to follow Miss Mustard seed and she inspired me so much, that I decided to give it a try. A few weeks back Lauren and I had a mother daughter trip to Canton, TX, where we found many cheap goodies to redo, this is where my new island is from (a $20 purchase), that my husband just made a few adjustments to. This is the before:

Also one day while digging in my mother-in-laws shed i came across this small chest of drawer that needed some TLC.

After i got rid of the butterflies, because I was so scared of how they would turn out (how bad i would mess them up) I decided to just go for and am thrilled with the way they turned out.

This is the island after
And the detail of the parts i distressed:
And this is the old piece i found in the shed:
And this is the top of it that i just left stained

XOXO Megan

9 comments:

  1. Seriously...this is your first try at this?! Wow, girl! I love how all of them came out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I have a dresser done alot like this and just love the color combination! JenT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan,
    You have done a great job with the dresser amazing color and technique. It's addicting isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely transformation! I'm having a link party and would love for you to link this up...I do a feature on the next Friday...
    Simply Creations Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much guys, it is so addicting I have been redoing everything i can get my hands on. I am so excited to have comments please continue to follow us and let us know what ya'll think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! You did a great job and dont'cha just love those HobLob knobs!!?? I used them on our kitchen island!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love the way the knobs ended up looking, I had all intentions of going with crystal ones but my hobby lobby was out of the ones i wanted so i went with these and was very pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous!!! i love the finish and colors on this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. both of your pieces are beautiful! I'm new to blogging too! Visit me sometime

    ReplyDelete